REGULATIONS AND COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT
- Facilitation of sugar imports and exports.
- Surveillance activities – monitoring sugar imports at Mombasa port, recording impounded sugar and making periodic visits to border points.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations by monitoring development of registered sugar projects and carrying out bi-annual inspection of licensed sugar mills to ensure adherence to licensing conditions.
- Ensuring compliance with COMESA safeguards and EAC, bilateral and tripartite treaties.
- Annually evaluate and license sugar and jaggery mills and issue molasses procurement permits for effective regulation of the sugar industry.
- Conducting verification of industrial sugar users’ capacities.