The Directorate’s Corporate Services are: -
Office of Head of Directorate
Responsible for the execution of Sugar Directorate strategic functions and management of resources.
- Advice on policy development of the Sugar industry.
- Coordinates Sugar industry stakeholders to support sustainable development, regulation and promotion of the industry.
- Guide the directorates management operations in line with the strategic plan.
- Directs enforcement of industry regulations, professional guidelines and statutory obligations.
- Resource mobilization for the achievement of the Directorates mandate.
Human Resource Development and Administration
- Coordinate manpower planning, employee welfare, training, employee relations, separation and performance management
- Implement AFA and public sector human resource policies.
- Mainstream national and international human resource frameworks including cross-cutting programs (National Cohesion, Disability Mainstreaming, Road Safety, Gender Mainstreaming and HIV prevention and awareness, Alcohol and drug abuse(ADA)) in Sugar directorate activities;
- Coordinate internships, industrial attachments and apprenticeships in the Directorate
- Management of the directorate’s assets.
- Implement AFA finance policies, procedure manuals as guided by the Public Finance Management Act 2012 and Public Finance Management Regulations, 2015.
- Preparation of management and financial reports based on International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ensure compliance with set budgetary levels and adherence to approved budget.
- Management of online receipts, payments and statutory deductions
- Procuring goods, works and services in accordance with the Public Procurement Asset Disposal Act 2015 and Regulations 2020;
- Coordinate Preparation & Consolidation of Directorate’s Procurement plan;
- Co-ordinate stores/ inventory management and asset disposal;
Information Communication Technology
- Implement the AFA ICT policies, strategies, innovations, standards procedures and regulations;
- Manage the Sugar Directorate automated business processes, e-portals(Miwa Bora, IMIS, Ken Trade) and related ICT infrastructure;
- Implement ICT security strategy, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans;