- Promote best practices in production, collection, packaging, transportation, and storage of sugar value chain;
- Conduct capacity needs assessment in the sugar value chain growing counties;
- Develop the capacity of County Government Extension staff and other stakeholders on various technical aspects on sugar value chains;
- Develop and review Training of Trainers (TOTs) curriculum and training modules on sugarcane growing;
- Develop and review technical materials (Handbooks, booklets, pictorials, charts, and brochures, etc.) for growing sugarcane;
- Collect, collate data and maintain the database on sugarcane;
- Establish linkages with various governments and private research institutions to determine research priorities in sugarcane and to advise generally on research thereof; and
- Establish experimental stations and seed farms for the development of varieties suitable to the agro-climatic conditions of the area and markets that will provide the greatest value added to scheduled crops.